Paranaque is a city located in the southern part of Metro Manila, Philippines. It is known for its proximity to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, as well as its booming business and commercial districts. But aside from these, Paranaque also boasts some must-see places that offer a glimpse into the city’s rich history, culture, and natural beauty. In this article, we will explore some of the top destinations that you should not miss when visiting Paranaque.
- Our Lady of Remedies Parish Church Built in the 1700s, the Our Lady of Remedies Parish Church is one of the oldest churches in the Philippines. It is also known as the Malate Church, as it was originally located in Malate before it was transferred to its current location in Paranaque. The church has a beautiful baroque architecture, and its interiors are adorned with intricate paintings and sculptures. It is a popular destination for pilgrims, tourists, and locals alike.
- Manila Memorial Park Manila Memorial Park is a vast cemetery and memorial park that spans over 142 hectares of land. It is the final resting place of some of the most notable figures in Philippine history, including former presidents, actors, and politicians. The park is also a popular destination for visitors who appreciate the park’s well-manicured gardens, fountains, and sculptures. There are also several mausoleums and chapels within the park that are open to the public.
- Baclaran Redemptorist Church The Baclaran Redemptorist Church, also known as the National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help, is a popular pilgrimage site for Catholics in the Philippines. It is believed to be the home of the miraculous icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help, which draws thousands of devotees every Wednesday. The church is also known for its beautiful architecture, which combines modern and traditional elements.
- Las Pinas-Paranaque Critical Habitat and Ecotourism Area (LPPCHEA) The Las Pinas-Paranaque Critical Habitat and Ecotourism Area (LPPCHEA) is a protected area that covers 175 hectares of wetlands and mangroves. It is a haven for migratory birds and other wildlife, and it offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. Visitors can explore the area through guided tours, and they can also participate in environmental activities such as mangrove planting.
- SM City BF Paranaque For those who love shopping, SM City BF Paranaque is a must-visit destination. It is a sprawling mall that houses over 200 stores, including international brands and local boutiques. It also has a cinema, a food court, and several restaurants and cafes. It is a popular destination for families and friends who want to enjoy a day of shopping and entertainment.
Paranaque offers a diverse range of destinations that cater to different interests and preferences. Whether you’re a history buff, a nature lover, or a shopaholic, there is something for you in this city. So if you’re planning to visit the Philippines, make sure to include Paranaque in your itinerary, and discover the many treasures that this city has to offer.